20/12/2013 Poor legislation and populationâ€™s illiteracy hinder growth of microfinance sector in Kyrgyzstan
BISHKEK (TCA) â€“ Microfinance is one of the most developed sectors of lending in Kyrgyzstan. Aspiring entrepreneurs with low incomes are the main customers of microfinance institutions (MFIs). With the MFIs, they can easily start a business without start-up capital and credit history. The State recognizes that the fast and affordable MFI loans help overcome poverty and develop entrepreneurship in the country.
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€”Prospects of cooperation were discussed at a meeting of Foreign Minister of Tajikistan Sirojiddin Aslov and French Ambassador to Tajikistan Didier Leroy in Dushanbe, the Tajik Foreign Ministry reported on Friday.
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€”A new batch of train carriages from China arrived in Turkmenistan. In total, Turkmenistan received 49 open-plan carriages, 8 compartment carriages, as well as a diesel generator, reported Turkmenistan.ru.
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€”Turkmenistan's national airline Turkmenhavayollari (Turkmen airlines) is launching new flights to Paris and Milan and envisages connecting Novosibirsk and other Russian cities with East Asian countries, Turkmen Dovlet Khabarlary (TDH) State News Service reported today.
20/12/2013 Japan supports nephrology center in Dushanbe
DUSHANBE (TCA) - On Thursday December 19, Yoshishiro Horie, Second Secretary of Japanâ€™s Embassy in Dushanbe, attended the handover ceremony at the Nephrology Center of Children Clinical Hospital No. 2 in Dushanbe.
DUSHANBE(TCA) â€“ France Press (AFP) reports that around 200 cars stolen in Germany have been tracked down in Tajikistan, where most are now driven by family and friends of President Emomali Rahmon.
DUSHANBE(TCA) - The road linking the Tajik northern city of Isfara with Vorukh jamoat, which forms part of an exclave of Tajikistan within Kyrgyzstan, remains closed.
SEOUL (TCA) - South Korean President Park Geun-hye asked for Uzbekistan's support Thursday in Korean firms' efforts to participate in infrastructure modernization projects in the Central Asian nation, her office said.Â
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is supporting Kazakhstanâ€™s national railways company Kazakhstan Temir Zholy (KTZ) in its drive to radically improve energy efficiency across its operations.
KABUL (TCA) â€” Violent street protests, walkouts in parliament, and scuffles among politicians â€“ an effort to introduce new national ID cards is causing an identity crisis in Afghanistan, RFE/RL reports.
ORUZGAN Province, Afghanistan (TCA) â€” The bodies of two women, who had been strangled with a rope and then were, fired squad, found in Terrinkot city of Oruzgan province, Khaama Press reported referring to officials.
WELLINGTON (TCA) â€” The New Zealand military is to maintain personnel levels in Afghanistan for another year, Xinhua reported Thursday referring to the New Zealand government.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” A renovated training room, computer equipment and study materials to be used in delivering courses on identifying forged travel documents were presented by the OSCE Centre in Bishkek to the State Border Service of Kyrgyzstan yesterday. The ceremony marked the completion of a capacity-building course on travel document security.
KABUL (TCA) â€” Terrorism and extremism remained major threats to post-Taliban Afghanistan and the stability of the region, Xinhua reported Thursday quoting the Afghan national security advisor, Dr. Rangin Dadfar Spanta, as saying, calling for collective efforts to overcome the menace.
TASHKENT (TCA) - For the second consecutive year, Turkey was the world's leading jailer of journalists, followed closely by Iran and China.Â
DUSHABE (TCA) â€“ Quite recently in Kazakhstan more then three thousand students gathered at the square of Astana and confessed their love to their President â€“ Nazarbaev. This event clearly demonstrates that this country is in personality cult.Â
DUSHANBE (TCA)â€”Prospects of cooperation in the transport sector were discussed at a meeting of Minister of Transport of Tajikistan Khairullo Asoev and head of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in Dushanbe Ulf Hindstrom, according to the press service of the Ministry of Transport.
- 19/12/2013 China supports Afghan-led national reconciliation process â€” envoy 
- 19/12/2013 Ukrainian company starts exporting cheese to Turkmenistan 
- 19/12/2013 US base attacked in Afghanistan 
- 19/12/2013 Taliban hits NATO fuel trucks in Afghanistan, killing one officer 
- 19/12/2013 UN warns of mounting civilian death toll in Afghanistan 
- 19/12/2013 Kazakhstan may join the worldâ€™s top 30 countries in 2025 
- 19/12/2013 Russia ready to provide $500 million for CASA-1000 energy project 
- 19/12/2013 Kazakhstan to create investment fund to develop green economy 
- 18/12/2013 Uzbek human rights activist intends to sue Karimova for slander 
- 18/12/2013 Centerra may take Kyrgyzstan to arbitration in gold dispute â€“ CEO 
- 18/12/2013 Nearly 193,000 new jobs reportedly created in Tajikistan in Jan-Nov 2013 
- 18/12/2013 Minimum living wage to stave Kazakhstanis to death 
- 18/12/2013 Riders of State Circus of Turkmenistan successfully performed in Turkish capital 
- 18/12/2013 CIS observer mission praises parliamentary elections in Turkmenistan 
- 18/12/2013 Uzbekneftegaz to implement project for associated petroleum gas at Uzbekistanâ€™s southern field 
- 18/12/2013 UN-backed museum and cultural centre to be built in Afghan province of Bamyan 
- 18/12/2013 US says Karzai should sign Kabul-Washington deal â€˜soonâ€™ 
- 18/12/2013 UK troops finish mission in Afghanistan â€” Cameron 
- 17/12/2013 Recent economic, political and social developments in Uzbekistan 
- 17/12/2013 Turkmen Foreign Ministry holds meeting with British Ambassador